Hi all, welcome to the Philosophy Station! Please feel free to post your thoughts in the comment section. Fun ideas will be selected and shared with everyone in the Philosophy Station of next month. Hope you enjoy in playing with your own thoughts!
The Big Time Experiment
All the governments of the world have decided to try a huge experiment with time. In fact, it’s the biggest experiment that’s ever been done. At exactly 12 o’clock mid-day on the twelfth day of the twelfth month of the year 2112 all the clocks of the world are to be stopped. The scientist behind this huge operation, Professor Timothy Tempo, believes that when this is done time itself will stop.
Question: Is the Professor right – will time itself stop when all the clocks in the world are stopped?
Fun ideas from last month：
1. Ice cream flavored icecream is still ice cream and it has many flavors, such as vanilla, chocolate, matcha, etc.
2. It tastes like happiness and you will never forget about it.
3.It is a kind of memory that carries the beauties of the past and the expectations of the future.
4.It can be any flavor. The point is to eat it!
5. Life is like an ice cream, enjoy it before it melts！
6. I think the flavor changes along with your mood. When you are happy, it could be sweet; when you are sad, it could be bitter; …
7. It is the flavor that you want the most.
8. It is a simple and natural flavor with no other things attached.
9. It is the flavor of ice cubes.
10. It is as sweet as marshmallows and as soft as the cloud.
Philosophy for children, abbreviated to P4C, was started by Professor Matthew Lipman in the 1970s and has now been put into practice in more than 60 countries and areas. It is a teaching strategy that can be applied to all subjects, aiming to develop students’ critical, creative, caring and collaborative thinking skills and it also helps improve students’ cognitive and emotional skills. Just as American Educator John Dewey once said, education that focuses on community, communication, inquiry and attitude refactoring is beneficial to citizens who live in a constantly changing world.